Resale Broker Alliance (RBA)
the Press - Press releases and
articles about the RBA
Membership - View our members
To create and maintain an organization
of timeshare resale brokers and related companies to facilitate the orderly and ethical
development of the secondary timeshare market through the promotion of self regulation
and industry cooperation.
- Create the Timeshare RBA entity
- Promote membership to resale
brokers and supporting industry businesses
- Raise funds through memberships,
- Provide clear definitive guidelines
- Monitor Timeshare RBA members
for guideline compliance
- Arbitrate differences between
members for fair resolutions
- Obtain state regulator endorsements
through cooperative efforts
- Mediate consumer complaints
before state regulator interference
- Provide a web site to support
Timeshare RBA efforts in:
- memberships and guidelines
- state regulations and guidelines
- consumer complaints and resolutions
- member communications and
- member education, meetings,
- information hot-line alerts
- co-op broker network
- Organize annual Timeshare
RBA meeting emphasizing resale growth, focus and direction for the secondary resale
- Timeshare-RBA will apply for
- Project and promote a positive
resale timeshare image
A non profit corporation with by-laws outlining; voting, monitoring, allocation of
funds, arbitration and stae delegate representation.
- Broker Member - fully compliant
- Associate Member - compliant,
but requiring tenure
- Affiliate Member - affiliated
- Monitor member compliance
of Timeshare RBA guidelines
- Mediate resale consumer complaints
- Support state regulatory and
department of R.E. compliance
Timeshare RBA Guidelines
General Member Provisions
- Maintain the following licensing,
membership and timeshare experience:
- licensed with their state/country department
of real estate
- adhere to industry related association
code of ethics
- have a minimum of 1 year active timeshare
- licensed as an active real estate broker
for at least 1 year have successfully opened, processed and closed at least 25 individual
resale timeshare sales transactions with in the last 12 months
- Maintain a business location
available to the general public.
- Provide full service broker
services including sales and listings of timeshare resale properties.
- Members will disclose to Timeshare
RBA any acquired or established interest in any other related timeshare business
and will be responsible for said businesses.
- Members will submit to binding
- Members will report violations
and consumer complaints to Timeshare RBA.
- Members shall provide a full
disclosure contract and use a written contract in the execution of all listing and/or
- Members shall use 3rd party
- Members shall use 3rd party
title companies for all deeded properties and non deeded wherein title is available.
- Members shall cooperate with
other Timeshare RBA members on a 50/50 commission split and/or a prior, agreed to,
written commission split.
- Provide sellers, buyers, and/or
prospective clients with a written information package explaining programs and services
- Member will not imply any
guarantees or knowingly convey any false untrue, deceptive, inflated or misleading
information to buyers, sellers or prospective clients.
- Member must disclose and obtain
seller written agreement regarding the terms of using seller occupancy rights prior
to using such occupancy rights.
Compliance with Applicable
- Member must comply with all
applicable real estate brokerage and licensing regulations.
- No advance fees may be collected
unless a signed, written agreement with seller outlining refund policy, trust account
arrangement for fees, full accounting of services to be provided, and how funds will
be disbursed exists prior to collection of any fees. This advance fee must be optional
and not a condition of accepting the listing.
- Member is not permitted to
require an appraisal of the timeshare interest as a condition of accepting the listing.